Can You Eat Tacos With Braces? (Only Soft)
Can you eat tacos with braces? Tacos’ hard shells and chewy fillings may damage your braces or become lodged in the wires and brackets, making it difficult to eat tacos while wearing braces. However, you can eat tacos while wearing braces without any issues if you put a little bit of effort into preparation and use a few straightforward procedures. When you have braces, it’s crucial to be careful when eating tacos because their stiff and sticky texture might irritate or hurt your mouth. You can easily eat tacos by adhering to a few simple rules and employing a few tactics.
We searched the web for more information on forums about tacos you can eat with braces.
Tips for Eating Tacos with Braces
Here are some tips for eating tacos while wearing braces:
- Opt for soft tacos over hard shell tacos: Soft tacos are easier to chew and less likely to damage your braces or get stuck in the wires and brackets. You can still enjoy all your favorite fillings in a soft taco, and they’re just as delicious as hard shell tacos.
- Cut your tacos into smaller pieces: Cutting your tacos into smaller pieces can make them easier to eat and chew with braces. This can also help to prevent filling from falling out or getting stuck in your braces.
- Avoid filling with large, hard, or sticky ingredients: Avoid fillings that are large, hard, or sticky, as these can be more difficult to chew and can potentially damage your braces or get stuck in the wires and brackets. Stick to softer, smaller fillings like beans, rice, and ground meat.
- Eat slowly and chew carefully: Take your time when eating tacos with braces and chew your food carefully. This can help to prevent damage to your braces and make it easier to swallow.
- Use a fork and knife if needed: If you’re having trouble eating tacos with your braces, you can use a fork and knife to cut them into smaller pieces and make them easier to eat. You can also use a fork to push filling onto the fork if it’s difficult to chew with your braces.
Can You Eat Taco Bell With Braces?
While Taco Bell can be eaten with braces, there are some good and some bad options to choose from. Choose soft tacos, chalupas, or bowls instead of crunchy, hard, big-bite stuff like burritos and crunchy tacos. Healthy and braces-safe options include bowls with soft beans and rice.
Here is a more extensive extended table of foods that you can eat with braces, including examples of each type of food and a description of how to prepare them:
|SOFT FOODS||EXAMPLES||HOW TO PREPARE|
|Pudding||Chocolate pudding, tapioca pudding||Mix pudding mix with milk according to package instructions and refrigerate until set.|
|Jell-O||Any flavor of Jell-O||Mix Jell-O powder with boiling water and refrigerate until set.|
|Yogurt||Plain yogurt, fruit-flavored yogurt||Open container and spoon out desired amount.|
|Smoothies||Banana smoothie, berry smoothie||Blend together desired fruits, milk or yogurt, and ice until smooth.|
|Soft cooked meat||Chicken breast, fish fillets||Cook meat in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked and tender.|
|Tofu||Silken tofu, firm tofu||Cut tofu into small cubes and cook in a skillet over medium heat until heated through.|
|Mashed potatoes||Plain mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes||Peel and chop potatoes, boil in salted water until tender, then mash with butter and milk.|
|MODERATE FOODS||EXAMPLES||HOW TO PREPARE|
|Cooked vegetables||Cooked carrots, cooked green beans||Peel and chop vegetables, steam or boil until tender.|
|Soft fruits||Ripe bananas, ripe peaches||Peel and slice fruits, or blend into a smoothie.|
|Soft cheeses||Cream cheese, feta cheese||Slice or spread cheese on crackers or bread.|
|Soft cooked grains||Cooked rice, cooked quinoa||Cook grains according to package instructions, or use leftover cooked grains from a previous meal.|
|Flaked fish||Salmon, tilapia||Cook fish in a skillet over medium heat until flaky and fully cooked.|
|Pasta||Cooked spaghetti, cooked macaroni||Cook pasta according to package instructions, then toss with sauce or butter.|
|FOOD TYPES TO AVOID||EXAMPLES|
|Hard foods||Nuts, hard candies, ice, raw carrots, corn on the cob|
|Sticky foods||Gum, caramels, gummies, taffy, toffee|
|Crunchy foods||Popcorn, chips, pretzels, crackers, raw apples and pears|
|Chewy foods||Bagels, crusty bread, pizza crust, beef jerky|
|Sugary foods and drinks||Soda, candy, cake, cookies, fruit juice, sports drinks|
So, can you eat tacos with braces?
In conclusion, it is absolutely possible to eat tacos while wearing braces as long as you adhere to a few straightforward rules and procedures. You can eat tacos while wearing braces by choosing soft tacos, cutting your tacos into smaller pieces, avoiding filling with large, hard, or sticky toppings, eating slowly and chewing properly, and using a fork and knife when necessary. Don’t be afraid to enjoy in this tasty and practical cuisine, but be sure to follow a few safety steps to make sure you’re eating it comfortably and safely while wearing braces. Cheers to that!
For more foods, read our comprehensive fast foods with braces post.
Can You Eat Tacos With Braces?
Perry heads up a dynamic marketing team that has help the leading orthodontic practices in the USA 10X their business for over a decade. He’s a tea connoisseur, avid reader, traveling and grower of exotic fruits in his permaculture food forest.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!