Have you heard of GLO Teeth Whitening? Tooth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures today. The American Association of teeth whitening reports that almost 90% of patients want whiter teeth. People are increasingly seeking brighter, whiter smiles, which has led to rapid advancements in whitening technology. Various types of whitening devices use light or heat to whiten your teeth: strips, gels, and in-office treatments.
Despite being less known than other methods, heat is a powerful tool for whitening teeth. A hydrogen peroxide whitening gel that uses gentle heat to whiten teeth more effectively in less time whitens teeth more efficiently and more rapidly. Can hydrogen peroxide whiten teeth when combined with heat – and is it safe? Learn how to whiten your teeth with heat!
Is Heat Harmful for Teeth Whitening?
GLO Teeth Whitening relies primarily on hydrogen peroxide concentration and exposure time. Temperature can also enhance and activate the effects of hydrogen peroxide whitening agents. When you use the correct temperature for whitening, the results are amplified. Too high or too low temperatures prevent hydrogen peroxide from acting as a catalyst.
It is not measurable whether insufficient heat affects whitening results. Hydrogen peroxide may penetrate too far into the enamel if the heat exceeds 128 degrees Fahrenheit (53 degrees Celsius). An amino acid peptide, Substance P, is released into the dental pulp, causing significant inflammation.
Professional Teeth Whitening
A gentle yet measurable heating of hydrogen peroxide accelerates whitening. Despite this heat, hydrogen peroxide does not damage the teeth. In order to maintain dental enamel’s integrity, temperatures must remain below 128 degrees Fahrenheit.
In order to ensure the right temperature, your orthodontist should apply professional teeth whitening treatment.
Light and gentle heat can be used at home to accelerate whitening. In contrast to other at-home whitening systems, GLO Science whitening systems (GLO Brilliant, GLO Brilliant Deluxe, and GLO Lit Device with Bluetooth) are designed by dentists to safely, effectively, and quickly whiten teeth. These devices have a timer for perfecting every application, and the mouthpieces are heated to a temperature that accelerates whitening without damaging the teeth.
How Does it Work?
- To charge your GLO control, plug the included power cord into the bottom.In case you are traveling, you can charge it with a power adapter, USB wall plug, or computer USB port. If your device is charging, you will see a brilliant blue light blinking. Upon completion of charging, the eight blue bands will stop blinking.
- Connect your mouthpiece to the GLO control to activate it.Press the GLO button once to turn your device on. While applying lip care and whitening gel, your mouthpiece will not illuminate, but it will warm up.
- Make sure you apply lip care both inside and outside your lips.Take off the cap of the whitening gel vial and squeeze a small amount onto the soft bristles. The front teeth that are visible when you smile should be applied with gel in a circular motion. GLO Vials contain enough gel to whiten teeth three times, plus extra for touch-ups in between.
- In order to begin treatment, push the GLO button once more.A bright blue light will illuminate your GLO mouthpiece. Continue your day after inserting the mouthpiece! Your 8-minute treatment will be counted down by the 8 blue bands on the control.
- A blinking GLO control indicates that your session time is almost up.Your mouthpiece will turn off at the end of your GLO session. The 8-minute GLO session has come to an end.
- GLO teeth whitening treatments consist of three consecutive 8-minute sessions.If there is any excess GLO whitening gel left, spit it out and reapply the next time. It is also possible to reapply GLO lip care as needed. Between GLO sessions, your mouthpiece will remain warm and ready with an orange heat indicator light. Apply the above steps three times in total.
- Shut off your device by double-tapping the GLO button.After 5 minutes of inactivity, your device will also turn off automatically. Rinse your mouthpiece thoroughly with clean water to remove any excess whitening gel after disconnecting your mouthpiece from your GLO control. Make sure the cloth is clean before drying. Make sure your device is charged!
How does GLO Teeth Whitening work?
GLO uses gentle heat and blue LED light to whiten your teeth at home safely and effectively. GLO teeth whitening gel does not require strips or annoying mouth trays. The product is thick and does not run. Our system can produce optimal results in five to seven days – up to five shades lighter. NYC’s top aesthetic orthodontist has proven GLO to be safe and effective in multiple clinical studies.
How white can I get my smile, and how long will it take?
If you use a GLO Device (which combines warming heat and LED light to accelerate whitening results) or GLO Vial whitening gel alone, you will see results within hours of application. Your smile will become brighter as you GLO more. Thanks to the combination of gentle teeth whitening ingredients combined with gentle warming heat and blue LED light, we are able to achieve this.
A single treatment of GLO whitens teeth an average of five shades (one treatment = five to seven days). It is important to keep in mind that every smile is unique, and there are many factors that can affect teeth whitening, such as age, genetics, and lifestyle. Because of this, some people’s teeth will whiten faster than others.
Does it hurt?
Unlike other whitening gels, GLO whitening gel is specially formulated to not cause sensitivity. The whitening agent contains ingredients that are safe and effective, doesn’t contain alcohol or carbamide peroxide, and will stay on your teeth without damaging your gums. GLO does not cause any sensitivity for the vast majority of users.
How often can I whiten?
GLO whitening products can be used once per month after the first full treatment (five to seven days). Each 4 to 6 months, incorporate GLO whitening into your daily routine to keep your teeth white.
Consult your orthodontist if you feel more frequent treatments are necessary.
Don’t forget to avoid coffee, tea, and tobacco at home for teeth whitening. In between whitening treatments, brush on GLO Vials if you are unable to change your habits.
What if I want results faster?
Getting an in-office whitening treatment with a certified GLO orthodontist offering GLO professional-strength products and treatments is the best way to achieve maximum whiteness.
Can I use GLO products during orthodontic treatment?
While wearing braces, we do not recommend using the GLO Device.
With brackets, however, you can easily whiten your teeth with GLO Vials. GLO Devices can also be used during aligner treatments (when aligners are not in use). In addition to GLO Vials, aligners work well with them – just apply the gel to your teeth and place your aligners over it. When you get your braces off, use a GLO Device to get a beautiful, straight, white smile!
Is Glow Science registered with the FDA?
This is a Class 1 Medical Device that uses ingredients that gently whiten teeth. A registration with the FDA has been obtained.
Can I eat or drink after whitening?
After whitening, you can eat and drink, but we recommend waiting about 20 minutes before doing so. During your whitening program, you should avoid foods and beverages that stain your teeth for best results. To prevent stains on your teeth, remember anything that stains a white shirt. After meals, snacks, or drinks, use GLO Vials periodically to remove stains – before they set – if you can’t change your diet or habits.
Aftercare: Maintaining Whitening Effects
To help maintain the whitening effects of your treatment, your orthodontist may advise you to avoid certain foods and beverages, or consume them in moderation to avoid staining your teeth. This includes tea, coffee, red wine, cola, etc.
Additionally, tobacco products will stain teeth, even after whitening treatments. As such, Dr. Panucci will suggest you quit using them. Maintain an appropriate oral hygiene (brushing and flossing) regimen to prevent stains from reforming, and see your general dentist and hygienist regularly for scheduled teeth cleanings.
Conclusion – The Truth About Teeth Whitening and Heat
When combined with hydrogen peroxide, heat is an effective catalyst for whitening teeth quickly. Teeth can be safely heated with gentle heat. If you want best results, use a dentist-designed whitening device that uses gentle heat without damaging enamel.
Toothpastes containing whitening agents also are suggested to maintain the results of the procedure.
Have you had a good or bad professional teeth whitening experience? Share your story in the comments below.
Disclaimer – This article is intended to promote understanding of and knowledge about orthodontics and general oral health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your orthodontist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.
GLO Teeth Whitening – What is it?
Perry heads up a dynamic marketing team that has help the leading orthodontic practices in the USA 10X their business for over a decade. He’s a tea connoisseur, avid reader, traveling and grower of exotic fruits in his permaculture food forest.