The average Invisalign cost in California is between $3,000 and $7,000. Invisalign is a fantastic alternative to metal braces for orthodontic treatment. Invisalign’s clear aligners are comfortable and virtually invisible, unlike braces’ metal parts which can cause discomfort around gums and the mouth. The cost of Invisalign is generally higher than that of braces.
|Area||Cost in California||National Average|
|Urban||$6,500 – $9,000||$5,000|
|Suburban||$5,500 – $7,500||$5,500|
|Rural||$4,500 – $6,000||$4,500|
Invisalign California Cost Average
The average price of Invisalign in California will be closer to the $6,000 range due to it being a metropolitan area. Other urban areas, such as Manhattan Beach, California, are likely to follow a similar pattern.
Additional Costs to Consider
If you are considering Invisalign treatment to improve your smile in CA, please take note of the additional costs listed below:
- Number of corrections required. The cost of Invisalign depends on the extent of orthodontic issues and the amount of work involved. For Invisalign, you wear a series of aligners for a specified period of time before changing them. More aligners will be more expensive.
- An estimate of how long your treatment will take depends on the amount of materials and time spent by the orthodontic professionals during treatment. The longer your treatment is expected to last, the more expensive it will be.
- Professional experience. Providers are classified based on how many successful Invisalign treatments they report. Orthodontists with more experience may charge more. On the other hand, their expertise is valuable.
- Average for the area. Since providers usually set rates comparable to other providers nearby, the average cost of Invisalign is likely to be the same wherever you live.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
|Pros of Invisalign Cons of Invisalign|
|You can’t tell when you’re smiling because it’s nearly invisible.||Perhaps more costly|
|Easily removed when eating food or cleaning your teeth||Can be lost or broken|
|You may even end up completing treatment sooner than you would with regular braces.||Your mouth may feel sore and uncomfortable.|
|Reduced dental visits|
|Moves teeth more slowly than conventional braces, resulting in less discomfort|
What Insurance Covers Invisalign in California?
Many insurance companies cover at least part of the cost of Invisalign, such as Cigna, Delta Dental, Humana, and Aetna.
Are There Ways to Save Money on Invisalign?
By Using Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
As of 2018, each employee could have a Flexible Spending Account with a maximum balance of $2,650. If you don’t use your FSA funds before the end of the year, they won’t roll over to the next year.
An FSA enables you to set aside a portion of your salary for solely healthcare expenses. Your employer typically offers these plans. Many benefits packages for employees include FSAs. They are usually simple to use since they use your own bank account.
Venture Outside of Your Immediate Area
Many orthodontists offer Invisalign. You do not have to limit yourself to your local area. Compare the costs of orthodontists in your neighborhood.
You will pay more for Invisalign if you live in a small town or city with few orthodontists. The cost drops if there are many orthodontists in the area.
Learn More About Flexible Payment Options
In order to accommodate the needs of all of their patients, orthodontists offer flexible payment options.
Your orthodontist will determine the time period over which you need to pay, rather than all at once.
Is Invisalign typically Covered by Insurance?
As with braces, many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment. Invisalign may be covered by your insurance to a certain degree or dollar amount. Orthodontic treatment is often covered by insurance only to a limited extent over a lifetime.
Interesting Invisalign Links
- Braces aren’t just for kids anymore – 1 in 5 orthodontic patients is over the age of eighteen!
- Did you know? Only 35% of adults have well-aligned front teeth.
- Interestingly, about 20% of people don’t have an ideal bite.
- Fun fact: Ancient Egyptians used crude metal bands to straighten teeth instead of wires.
- Invisalign’s innovative technology was developed in 1997 by two Stanford University graduates.
- US orthodontists first had access to Invisalign in 1999.
- The average cost of Invisalign treatment is $5,000.
- Good news! Insurance typically covers $500-$1,500 of the cost.
- Available in 45+ countries, Invisalign is transforming smiles for over 2.5 million patients.
- With a 96% patient satisfaction rate, Invisalign is a popular choice for many.
- Get results fast – the average treatment time with Invisalign is just 1 year.
- Rest easy knowing Invisalign aligners are made from medical-grade polyurethane resins and are BPA-free.
- Wear Invisalign retainers for 22 hours daily, but feel free to remove them for special occasions.
Did you know these celebs rocked Invisalign for dazzling smiles?
- Oprah Winfrey: talk show queen
- Tom Cruise: action star extraordinaire
- Katherine Heigl: rom-com sweetheart
- Eva Longoria: sassy “Desperate Housewife”
- Gisele Bundchen: supermodel icon
- Serena Williams: tennis legend
- Justin Bieber: pop sensation
- Khloe Kardashian: reality TV star
Invisalign Providers in California
For quality Invisalign providers in California, use the search tool on the Invisalign website. On the main page of the Invisalign site, you can enter your zip code to search for local Invisalign orthodontists. To make your choice of an Orthodontist for Invisalign easier, you can find information on their level of experience on this list as well. You can also read our reviews of Orthodontists here.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost in California?
Disclaimer – This article is intended to promote understanding of and knowledge about orthodontics and general oral health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your orthodontist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.
Perry heads up a dynamic marketing team that has help the leading orthodontic practices in the USA 10X their business for over a decade. He’s a tea connoisseur, avid reader, traveling and grower of exotic fruits in his permaculture food forest.