The cost of Invisalign treatment on Long Island can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the case and the duration of treatment. On average, Invisalign costs range between $3,500 and $8,000, with Invisalign Express 5 cases being as low as $1,500.
Some patients may qualify for coverage, with an average coverage amount of $1,772 USD, and up to $3,000 USD or $2,000 USD for 92% and 77% of patients, respectively. Payment plans and financing options, such as no-interest payments for 24 months or 36 months with no money down, may be available for those who qualify. Additionally, Invisalign treatment is considered an eligible expense for Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), providing patients with options to make the treatment more affordable.
Does Insurance Typically Cover Invisalign?
Invisalign Providers in Long Island
Invisalign Long Island Cost Average
Additional Costs to Consider
- Amount of correction required. Costs of Invisalign are influenced by the extent of orthodontic issues and the effort required to fix them. The Invisalign system uses a series of clear aligners that are worn for the specified period of time before being changed. Aligners that are needed in more numbers will cost more.
- Treatment time estimates The more materials and time spent by orthodontic staff in providing treatment, the longer your treatment is expected to take, the higher the cost will be.
- Professional expertise. The number of successful Invisalign treatments reported by each provider is used to classify them. The charges of an experienced orthodontist may be higher. However, you gain their expertise.
- Local average. The average price of Invisalign will likely be the same wherever you live since providers usually set rates that are comparable to other providers in the area.
|Dental Insurance||Some dental insurance plans may cover up to $3,000 in orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign. Check with your insurance provider for specific coverage details.|
|In-House Financing||Many dental offices offer in-house financing plans, allowing you to make monthly payments for your Invisalign treatment. These plans can vary between providers.|
|Third-Party Financing||Some dental practices partner with third-party financing companies to offer payment plans for Invisalign treatment. Terms and conditions may vary between companies and dental offices.|
How Can I Save Money on Invisalign Treatment?
Through Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Venture Outside Your Immediate Area
Deals & Promotions
Get Information About Flexible Payment Options
- An X-ray
- scan of the intraoral cavity
- Office visits
- Attachments for Invisalign aligners
- Improvements to achieve optimal results
- The retainer
You can use the following resources:
- Yelp: Browse through the Yelp search results for orthodontists in Long Island. You can find reviews, ratings, and other information about various orthodontists.
- US News: Visit the US News website, which provides a list of orthodontists in Long Island along with their years of experience. While the website does not provide reviews directly, it can help you identify potential orthodontists to research further.
- Expertise: Check the Expertise website for a list of top orthodontists in Long Island. You can find information about their qualifications, experience, and services offered. This information can be useful for finding a suitable orthodontist and then looking up their reviews on other platforms.
- Visit our dedicated review page for a breakdown of the top voted orthodontist in your area.
You can also ask for recommendations from friends, family, or your general dentist to find an orthodontist with good reviews in Long Island.
Comparison to Traditional Metal Braces
|Appearance||Clear, almost invisible aligners||Metal or ceramic brackets and wires|
|Comfort||Smooth, softer feel||Can be uncomfortable with metal scrapes or pushing against the inside of the mouth|
|Speech & Salivation||Possible initial lisp and excessive salivation||N/A|
|Treatment Duration||Average 12-18 months, can be as short as 3 months||Varies by case, often longer than Invisalign|
|Treatment Goal||Straighten teeth, close gaps, reduce crowding||Straighten teeth, close gaps, reduce crowding|
|Removability||Removable for eating, drinking, and cleaning||Non-removable, remain on teeth throughout treatment|
When considering the cost of Invisalign, it’s helpful to compare it to the cost of traditional metal braces. Both treatments are used to correct misaligned teeth and improve oral health, but they have some key differences in terms of cost, appearance, and convenience.
One of the main advantages of Invisalign is that it is often more discreet than traditional metal braces. The aligners are made of clear plastic and are virtually invisible when worn, making them a popular choice for adults who want to straighten their teeth without drawing attention to their treatment. In contrast, metal braces are more noticeable and can be a source of self-consciousness for some people.
In terms of cost, the price of Invisalign and traditional metal braces is generally comparable. The exact cost of treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your alignment issues and the length of treatment. In some cases, Invisalign may be more expensive due to the use of advanced technology and customized aligners, while metal braces may be a more budget-friendly option.
Another factor to consider is convenience. Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can take them out to eat and brush your teeth as usual. This can be a significant advantage over metal braces, which require more careful cleaning and food restrictions.
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. It’s important to consult with an orthodontist to discuss the pros and cons of each treatment option and determine which one is the most suitable for your needs.
Invisalign Pros and Cons
|Pros of Invisalign Cons of Invisalign|
|You can’t tell when you’re smiling because it’s nearly invisible.||Perhaps more costly|
|Easily removed when eating food or cleaning your teeth||Can be lost or broken|
|You may even end up completing treatment sooner than you would with regular braces.||Your mouth may feel sore and uncomfortable.|
|Reduced dental visits|
|Moves teeth more slowly than conventional braces, resulting in less discomfort|
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of Invisalign alternatives, and patients are advised to consult with their orthodontist to determine the best treatment option for their specific needs.
|Similar to Invisalign, ClearCorrect uses clear aligners to straighten teeth.|
|SmileDirectClub||SmileDirectClub offers at-home clear aligners that are customized to fit your dental arches.|
|Braces||Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth.|
|Lingual braces are similar to traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are placed on the back of the teeth, making them less visible.|
|Ceramic braces use clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires to blend in with the teeth.|
|Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the wire in place, reducing the need for tightening and adjustments.|
|Six Month Smiles||Six Month Smiles uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires to straighten teeth in an average of six months.|
|In-Ovation||In-Ovation braces use a self-ligating system that eliminates the need for elastic or metal ties, making them more comfortable and easier to clean.|
To know more about Invisalign, here are some studies that have been conducted.
The mean accuracy of expansion planned with Invisalign for the maxilla was 72.8%. Published in the Angle Orthodontist
Fujiyama, K., Honjo, T., Suzuki, M., Matsuoka, S., & Deguchi, T. (2014). Analysis of pain level in cases treated with Invisalign aligner: comparison with fixed edgewise appliance therapy. Progress in Orthodontics.
Lanteri, V., Farronato, G., Lanteri, C., Caravita, R., & Cossellu, G. (2018). The efficacy of orthodontic treatments for anterior crowding with Invisalign compared with fixed appliances using the Peer Assessment Rating Index.. Quintessence international.
In Long Island , the cost of Invisalign treatment can vary depending on several factors. The average price range is between $3,500 and $8,000. In conclusion, the cost of Invisalign treatment in Long Island can vary depending on the provider and the complexity of the case. It’s essential to research and compare different orthodontists to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Perry heads up a dynamic marketing team that has help the leading orthodontic practices in the USA 10X their business for over a decade. He’s a tea connoisseur, avid reader, traveling and grower of exotic fruits in his permaculture food forest.