The Art of Smile Center for Cosmetic Orthodontics has been located in Philadelphia PA for over 16 years. This practice views orthodontics from a totally new perspective, making cosmetics a priority in orthodontic care. The orthodontists at the Art of Smile Center understand that your smile is your most important feature and that when you look good, you feel great. With this as their mission, they provide the highest quality services in the most pleasant environment possible.
Research has shown that a misaligned jaw and improper bite can lead to increased tooth decay, gum and bone loss, TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorders), and headaches. For these reasons, these orthodontic problems should not be ignored. Regardless of your age or issue, the Art of Smile has a customized solution for you. Services include:
- Invisalign braces – These are a series of aligners that use the proprietary SmartForce and SmartTrack technology to provide a product that is 75% more effective in creating proper tooth movement. There are also special models for teens that use color changes for easy wear-time cues.
- Hidden braces called “Harmony” – These braces are customized to fit on the inside of your teeth. They provide the most progressive solution for those who need the highest degree of discretion.
- Esthetic ceramic braces – This solution most closely resembles the design of traditional braces. The brackets and wires are clear or tooth colored, blending in to be less obvious.
- Twin bracket traditional braces – These are geared toward the younger population. Teens and young adults can take advantage of the visibility of these braces by choosing a design that expresses their personality.
- Orthognathic surgery – When the issue cannot be solved by braces alone, this surgery provides an effective alternative. It is used to treat abnormalities of the facial bones, jaws, and teeth. Digital radiographs are used to pinpoint the exact problem and determine an individualized solution. State of the art materials like titanium plates and miniature screws are used to provide extra stability and strength and to reduce surgical recovery.
Expertise You Can Trust
Dr. Amy James is the founder and director of the practice. She has a Doctorate degree in Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania and an Orthodontic Certificate of Specialty and Master of Science degree in Oral Biology from Temple University. She is also a board-certified diplomat on the American Board of Orthodontics. She has long been committed to improving lives through orthodontics and currently teaches her philosophy and science at a number of Universities and for various foundations.
Dr. James puts her research into practice, serving on the Cooper Hospital Craniofacial and Cleft Palate Team, and travels to third world countries as a member of Rotary International to perform cleft lip and palate surgeries and reconstructions.
Find Out All You Need to Know
Cosmetic orthodontics not only solves your physical issues but also improves your appearance. This combination increases your level of self-esteem so that you can perform at your best. From the initial visit, the Art of Smile handles all the details so you can feel comfortable and confident throughout the treatment period. Visit their website to learn more about the advantages they offer and keep smiling!