https://bestorthodontistusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/3.png 312 820 Perry Stevens https://bestorthodontistusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BestOrthoUSA.png Perry Stevens2022-12-22 20:37:492022-12-22 20:38:02Can You Eat Bagels With Braces? (Best To Avoid)
Can You Eat Bagels With Braces? (Best To Avoid)
Can you eat bagels with braces? No. Your braces can be damaged or even broken if you eat chewy foods like bagels and hard rolls. Additionally, sticky foods such as licorice, taffy, caramel, and Starburst can damage your teeth.
However if you do want to indulge here are some bullet points about eating bagels with braces:
- Bagels can be eaten with braces, but it is important to avoid biting into them directly.
- Instead, try cutting the bagel into small pieces or slicing it horizontally and pulling it apart with your fingers.
- Bagels are a good source of carbohydrates and protein, but they can also be hard and chewy, so be careful not to put too much pressure on your braces when eating them.
- Toppings, such as cream cheese or peanut butter, can make bagels easier to eat with braces. Soft spreads are better than hard or crunchy toppings, such as nuts or seeds.
- It is always a good idea to check with your orthodontist before trying new foods with braces. They can provide guidance on the best way to eat different foods with braces and help you avoid damaging your braces or causing them to become loose.
Perry heads up a dynamic marketing team that has help the leading orthodontic practices in the USA 10X their business for over a decade. He’s a tea connoisseur, avid reader, traveling and grower of exotic fruits in his permaculture food forest.